A few things:
1. I generally choose not to warn. However underage, noncon, child abuse and character death will always be content noted though none of those things are likely to appear.
2. I multiship. Sam/Dean and J2 are my primary ships but I write plenty of others.
3. Unless you're empty/haven't updated in years, I'm likely to friend back if you friend me. I'm a sociable soul, and I like interaction and meeting new people. Sending a message to let me know you've friended me or dropping a line here is appreciated. If I've friended you there is no express need to friend back, though I'll always welcome it. ETA: If you friend me and would like to be friended back, please do message etc - LJ swallows those notifications.
4. One thing I do think is essential to know. I have no character affiliation, and I do not welcome or enjoy wank. I don't do character/person hate in any shape or form.
( (Dean/Sam)Collapse )
( Misc SPNCollapse )
( (Jared/Jensen)Collapse )
( Misc SPN RPFCollapse )
( Pacific RimCollapse )
( Misc CanonsCollapse )
( Transformative Works PolicyCollapse )
- Current Mood: pensive
I chose three works that I just plain old like for different reasons. They're not my favourite things written or my defining fics. They're just ones that for different reasons were extremely enjoyable to write.
I always find this one particularly difficult - much the same as with present lists and stuff in general. Talking about things you want is much harder than talking about the things you'd like to give. But after a lot of thought, it came down to this.
1. Is it a cliche to say art? Absolutely, but it doesn't make it less true. Then I remember that I tend towards very unvisual scenarios in my fic and I'm not really surprised. Description isn't my forte - maybe something else to work on in the coming year?
2. Fic talk. I appreciate people who beta for me more than I can say, but sometimes I'd like to thrash out a fic in an early stage and talk it through in a way that can be very self/fic-centred, and I find that hard to ask for.
3. Recs done by other people. I freely admit that I can be really lazy in catching up with all the things I know I'll love, and external reminders can be very handy.
4. And then after all that Victorian swooning over asking for three things, I'm going to include a fourth, because I'd like 2016 to be a year of change. I really want to improve as a writer, and fix all of the things I know are wrong with my work. I don't need much help figuring out what my problems are, but I do need help identifying how to fix them. So concrit and a friendly word of where I go wrong or what I can do to fix it - well that would mean more than I could say.
First off, this is the lovely gift that I got from sophiap. Two of my highlighted likes were: Medieval AU (which is a concept I am far too invested in, and I mean really invested in) and Sam's face, and this delivers in spades. There's a whole story behind that image that leaves me intrigued, and also wanting to know exactly which supernatural event (or french attack) has Sam looking so tired and grim. Leave the artist some love :D
My own fic was the aptly named oh sea-starved, hungry sea (Sam/Dean) which was my attempt to articulate how post s6 Sam and Dean might alternately reconcile some of the problems they just won't talk about
As Much As You Get, Give. (1783 words) by StripySock
Fandom: The Fast and the Furious (2001)
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Relationships: Brian O'Conner/Dominic Toretto
Additional Tags: Alternate Universe - Different First Meeting, Alternate Universe, First Meeting
Doesn't matter where they begin. All it matters is that they end in the same place.
My full rec post including my lovely gift will be up later today once posting has completely finished.
In no particular order have recs in the following fandoms: Cruel Intentions (1999), Badass Queens RPF/12th Century CE RPF, Malory Towers - Enid Blyton, Calamity Jane (1953), Once and Future King Series - T. H. White, Animorphs - Katherine A. Applegate, Ballet Shoes - Noel Streatfeild/ Swallows and Amazons - Arthur Ransome, Villette - Charlotte Bronte, Black Mirror, Singing in the Rain
( Read more...Collapse )
Content notes: sex, mentions of background characters death
Author notes: written for quickreaver for spn_j2_xmas . You had amazing prompts, and there were so many fics I wanted to write, but this is the one that happened. Many thanks to tebtosca for the extension. Title owed to Yeats. Thanks to sleepypercy for their beta, much appreciated. Set in an alternate s7, after the events of s6.
Summary: A case with a selkie turns into far more than the Winchesters had ever anticipated. Sam has to resist the urge of the sea, Dean's got to live with what might have to be done to hold him back from it.
( Read more...Collapse )
So on that note, I offer my traditional scurrying in late to be the last person ever to get round to doing a meme (it's definitely a tradition by now) and if you've made a post of your own, please do point me at it so I can spread/share the love.
holiday love meme 2015
my thread here
and I also include the happiness recs. Right now, as I metamorphosise into a person more tissue and soup than human, I gladly and freely acknowledge that apparently this is the Winchester brothers cuddling cats or being cats who then get cuddled. Most of these are pretty well known, but that's no reason not to share them again.